/Users/katecampbell/Desktop/Avatar Kate and Lea.jpg

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The beginning of something better

Honestly, I don't believe there is any good reason to rehash the last eight disastrous years, but I'll just indulge myself for a moment. No, it was not all George Bush's fault, but he displayed a sense of arrogance and hubris unjustified by his intelligence or performance. I was disappointed when he won the first time, devastated when he won the second time.

Almost a year ago, I became an Obama volunteer. I can't pretend that I was always sure he'd be nominated or elected, but I always, always trusted in his integrity and intelligence. Tuesday I was so moved - beyond what I expected. I know he'll make mistakes, but he is not coming in braying about having political capital (which he does) and a bulletproof majority in Congress (which he almost does). This man doesn't owe his career to a bunch of Washington insiders - he chose his Cabinet based on qualifications, not entitlements.

I am a happy, proud American today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home