/Users/katecampbell/Desktop/Avatar Kate and Lea.jpg

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Welcome, 2009!

2008 had many highs and some lows - of course, the two big highs were the Phillies World Series championship and Barack Obama's election. But there were other highs, including

- My AP class of 08 kicking serious butt on the exam
- News that I'm getting a new grandchild
- Spending loads of time with my kids, including five days of having Lea all to myself
- Celebrating my baby sister's 50th birthday
- Attending my dear friend Renee's son's wedding with my own terrific son

Lows - ah, why bring them up here? I have a steady job, wonderful kids, healthy (for their age) parents, terrific sisters, brothers-in-law, nieces and nephews, and good co-workers and friends. So what if the economy is not so hot - we'll manage to get through it somehow.

Here's to making new friends, cherishing old ones, caring for others and ourselves and the country and the planet, and being happy to be alive.

1 Comments:

Blogger E.S.C. said...

Hear, hear!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home