/Users/katecampbell/Desktop/Avatar Kate and Lea.jpg

Saturday, November 22, 2008

The calm AFTER the storm...

...or maybe more like letdown. In the past month, my beloved Phillies won the World Series, my candidate won the Presidential election, my firstborn celebrated his birthday, my boys soccer team won the state championship, and my firstborn grandchild celebrated her birthday. While we have Thanksgiving and Christmas and a NEW grandchild to look forward to, I still feel like it will be hard to top the last 30 days for excitement and thrills.

So maybe it's time to hunker down and spend some more quality time on my job, if that is possible! I am back to waking up in the middle of the night with some new, improved way to teach a concept or a piece of literature or a research technique. I am also determined to get into better shape - not that a wedding coming up in May has ANYTHING to do with that!

Winter can be grim if we let it, but we can also use the time to retool and contemplate the future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly Cummings said...

Ugh. I guess I also need to get myself into that "determined to get into better shape" mode. Damn wedding coming up in May... :)

6:32 PM  
Blogger PCJ said...

I am just going to allow myself to assume that a few months of breastfeeding will magically make me thin again. Anyway, not much I can do about it right this minute.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home