/Users/katecampbell/Desktop/Avatar Kate and Lea.jpg

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

In the deep midwinter...

Dang, it is COLD!!! And it isn't even really MID-winter - not even to the end of the first month of winter, officially. I know all the global warming naysayers love to point to this cold and say, "See? SEE? Where's your global warming now, Al Gore and all you wimp tree-hugging environmental liberals?" But, you know, the depleted ozone layer means heat gets OUT as easily as it gets IN!

I find myself in a bunker mentality: once I'm in the house, I tend to stay there, even though it means I have very little social life. I read, watch TV, grade papers, and cuddle with the cat - sometimes with a nice glass of wine and some nuts and cheese (or, I confess, something a tad less healthy). I let Max (the aforementioned feline) out - he's back in, oh, about 30 seconds. I think that should be a pretty good indicator of sensible winter night-time behavior.

The place I'm thinking of moving to will allow me to walk to things in good weather, but I think it will also be a nice place to nestle in with lower energy costs and NO snow removal responsibilities!

I know I'll complain in the dead of summer when I just can't get cool, but right now I love to fantasize about being in Florida or Puerto Rico!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home