/Users/katecampbell/Desktop/Avatar Kate and Lea.jpg

Saturday, October 18, 2008

The calm before the storm

My team is going to the World Series. I have a few days to catch up on my sleep before Wednesday, when I know I will feel that racing heart rate.

I bought a couple of shirts - a Burrell one for myself and a Victorino one for my partner in crime at my job. I am trying to figure out where to watch the games Wednesday and Thursday - a Meetup group is getting together in two different places for the two away games - I think maybe my first born will join me to watch Saturday's game.

I know, it's just baseball. A lot people I am friends with don't understand my passion for it. But it has been a part of me for over half my life, and it's something I share with my kids and others in my family. I also know it isn't pure, but somehow it seems like a throwback to a kinder, simpler time. I keep thinking about the late, great George Carlin who compared baseball to football, saying that baseball is played in a "park" and includes "sacrifices."

I'm watching the ALCS and wondering which team I want to win, but it really doesn't matter. My team is going to the World Series and I'm just going to enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home