/Users/katecampbell/Desktop/Avatar Kate and Lea.jpg

Friday, April 27, 2012

I never know if anyone ever reads these posts, and it has been almost two years since I've written one, but they tell me I will go into Internet limbo if I don't, so here we are: I need a serious attitude adjustment about my job. This year has been stressful for a lot of reasons: no contract, large classes with some very challenging students, first time teaching a particular class in six years, and seemingly never-ending testing. Or maybe I am just hitting a wall. I've been doing this job for 12 years and I find myself counting the days until the end of the year like I haven't done in a long time. More than that, I'm starting to do the math and trying to figure out when I can retire comfortably, if ever. I've always loved the WORK but often found the JOB less than satisfying. This year, the WORK has been tougher on me. I love to teach, but the idea that I have to care more than some of these kids whether they make it or not is exhausting. Maybe a little time off will help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home