/Users/katecampbell/Desktop/Avatar Kate and Lea.jpg

Friday, March 19, 2010

May I just say YAY!!!!!

It's still officially winter - at least until tomorrow - but I have windows open and the deck furniture out. I even have the umbrella up! I spent a few minutes picking up sticks, but the state of my yard is, frankly, appalling and distressing, so I just decided to sit on the deck and prop my feet up. This is just plain glorious.

I know that we'll have some rotten, cool, windy weather before it turns lovely for good. But a bit of sunshine, a little spring training baseball on the radio or TV, and swinging a golf club for the first time in over a year give me hope.

I need to so some research into Seasonal Affective Disorder, because I feel I may be a victim. The funk I get in every winter was especially bad this year, so I sure would love to be able to put a name to it, other than "I feel listless and sad and overall icky." I don't expect a miracle cure, but it would be nice to know that there are ways to at least alleviate some of the blue funk.

I know I've probably mentioned this before, but I often think about primitive man and how relieved they must have been every spring to see green things pop up and feel the warmth of the sun. I am pretty sure I know JUST how they felt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home