/Users/katecampbell/Desktop/Avatar Kate and Lea.jpg

Thursday, February 08, 2007

FEBRUARY is the cruelest month!

Sorry, T.S. Eliot, but April is NOT! It's been brutally cold for the last week or so - and, while I enjoy a brisk winter's day, unrelieved days in single digits and teens get old fast.

Speaking of Eliot (you knew I was going somewhere literary with this, didn't you), my AP students read The Waste Land and then created their own versions. Simply fabulous! I wish I could take some credit for this, but it is simply their own talent and great preparation by my colleagues. My goal is that they feel confident in their writing so that when they get to college that is one less stressor on them.

I must echo the sentiments of my son - Children of Men and Pan's Labyrinth are stupendous movies! I'll also put in a plug for Volver, with Penelope Cruz. The Departed should win at least one Oscar - very compelling. I'm looking forward to seeing the two Iwo Jima movies and The Queen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home