/Users/katecampbell/Desktop/Avatar Kate and Lea.jpg

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Over the hump

The school year is just about half over.

I gave four of my five midterms last week - results were mixed, but pretty accurate based on what I perceive to be my students' effort and abilities.

Now we're on the downslope. I have a student teacher starting on Monday, and that should be interesting. He is not a straight out of college guy - has spent some time teaching in private school in the South and currently works at a local branch of our state's major university. He realizes that if he wants to make any money at all in this field, he needs to be certified for public school. So I hope I don't mess him up TOO much!

It will be nice to be able to pull my kids out of the classroom to work with them while he's teaching the rest of them. Also, I will have time to look at papers.

Also, if I'm sick, I'll be a lot less reluctant to call in and stay home!

Hey - how about ONE snow day? Maybe on a Wednesday?

Just asking,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home