/Users/katecampbell/Desktop/Avatar Kate and Lea.jpg

Monday, May 22, 2006

I feel like a poem!

My daughter and my future son-in-law are so smart! They are having their siblings read poetry at the wedding. Brian's sister Megan is reading one called "Touched by an Angel" which, I admit, sounds a bit hokey, but my daughter assures me is NOT. Megan is an improv comedienne and promises to read it with her best Della Reese accent. My son, on the other hand, is reading an Ogden Nash poem, which suits him totally. In eleventh grade, he WAS Ogden Nash for an Honors English assignment. Can't wait to see how THAT one turns out!

My student, Daniel, just had a wonderful poem published, bless him. I like to think that I have had something to do with it - after all, I have had him in class TWICE - but the truth is, he is a far better writer (and probably was even before I had him in tenth grade) than I can ever hope to be. He is one of those students who humbles me, but also energizes me and makes me even more passionate about good writing.

Cross fingers and toes that the forecast holds up. I will just keep reading soothing and inspirational poetry so that I can be the most serene MOB ever known!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home