/Users/katecampbell/Desktop/Avatar Kate and Lea.jpg

Friday, May 12, 2006

Face plants and other wonders of baseball

It takes so little to make me happy.

Last night, Aaron Rowand endeared him to the crabbiest bunch of baseball fans on the planet - sacrificing his nose to take away a triple and preserve a rain-shortened win for the Phils over the dreaded Mets (sorry Brian!)

Tonight, the phenom of the future, Cole Hamels, had a very nice major league debut (although a no-decision) against the Reds and we got homers from Ryan Howard and Shane Victorino. Got to love those youngsters!!!

What is it about baseball fans? I enjoy basketball, especially college ball, and I can get up for an Eagles game, but for sustained live-and-die fandom, baseball does it for me. I remember one radio sports guy saying (about the four major sports) that basketball was his favorite sport to PLAY, hockey was his favorite to watch LIVE, football was his favorite to watch ON TV, and baseball was his favorite to TALK ABOUT. Makes sense to me. I can remember plays from playoff games in 1977 - and our family still talks about specific plays in the 1993 World Series.

It may not last, but it's so much fun right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home