/Users/katecampbell/Desktop/Avatar Kate and Lea.jpg

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Stuff

While I was emptying a desk today (so that I could give it to the campaign headquarters of my favored candidate), I came across a lot of papers and pictures I hadn't looked at for a long time: my kids' test scores and report cards, records of my now defunct business, correspondence between a former employer and me when I was trying to get him to pay me what he owed me, owner's manuals for my kids' first bikes, a Super 8 movie I made for one of my first grad classes in the 70s, a couple of trophies, my will, the paperwork for buying two houses, and a lot more.

People collect a lot of stuff over 20 years. It's fun to find and hard to part with. But I'm drowning in it and it HAS to go!

I would LOVE a dumpster for a week or so!

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly Cummings said...

Like the editor of Real Simple! (June issue.) She recounted some (crazy) readers' disapproval of her dumpster rental here: http://simplystated.realsimple.com/adventures_in_chaos/2008/06/this-just-in-ma.html

But I still think it's worth it. It's so liberating to get rid of stuff like that!

6:16 PM  
Blogger BookBabe said...

The problem is that I have to DECIDE on what goes out. Once I know it has to go, then it goes. My neighbor has a dumpster - wonder if she'd notice if I threw stuff in it!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home