/Users/katecampbell/Desktop/Avatar Kate and Lea.jpg

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to all...

...and to all a good day!

My mother is amazing - she does WAY more every day than I do and she's been retired for decades. This year she turns 80 and it reinforces to me even more that 80 is not nearly as old as I used to think it was - or, in fact, as it is these days. She volunteers at the hospital and for hospice patients, she works in the hospital's consignment shop, she participates in book groups, greenhouse maintenance, and marketing the wonderful place she and my dad live in. I'm in awe of her energy and feel inspired by it - yesterday after I visited her, I came home and started stripping wallpaper in my bathroom!

Happy Mother's Day to my mom, and to my daughter, who is celebrating her own Mother's Day. And to me - I have a whole day to contemplate my mega-redecorating projects and grade papers. But it's a beautiful day and I don't have any more five days weeks until September!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home